How to Win an SEO Contest
The Honest Way…
1. Work to get relevant backlinks. Not link pages but contextual links within content semi-related to your site.
2. Avoid blackhat techniques. Your job is for long term results no matter what.
3. Although having a keyword stuffed domain can be beneficial, what happens after the contest is over? Perhaps an easy to remember domain will be best.
4. The point of SEO Contests is to start with nothing and end with success. I would only recommend 301ing and old domain if the domain is no longer in use and is relevant to the new site.
5. Create pages of solid content, but don't stuff with a lot of keywords. You are building for users as well.